Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Just a Quick Note...

I woke up at 5:30 this morning - my favorite time of the day.  I used to get up at around 5:30 every morning.  My daughter has Rheumatoid Arthritis & Lupus and has a very hard time with mornings, so I would get up and get the kids off to school.  For the past few months, she has been getting the kids up in the morning... so I sleep in as long as she can do it.  But this morning my face was screaming, it woke me up and here I am.  I'm so tired as I got very little sleep due to my face.  But then there's the reason this is my favorite time of day - the birds.  In the wee hours, as the light starts to break over my little part of the world, the birds come out in force.  And they sing and sing and sing.  It's a virtual choir of Blue Jays, Cardinals, Chickadees, Mockingbirds, Robins, Sparrows and Woodpeckers to name but a few.  They're all here in the few trees around my RV.  I love the gray color that lights the world and the sound of these birds.  It's worth getting up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment