Sunday, November 4, 2012

Scrapbook Remix Prompt 7...

 Yes, I'm still Remixing. These are my most current pages in response to all the material provided regarding Prompt 7...
 
 
Patterned Paper: American Crafts, Echo Park, Sassafras; Journaling Spot: Sassafras; Stickers: American Crafts, Doodlebug, EK Success, Sandylion, Sassafras, The Paper Studio; Paper Flowers: Making Memories; Punches: EK Success, Fiskars; Ink: Ranger; Pen: Sharpie; Other: Adobe Photoshop Elements, Pixlr
 

Cardstock: Colorbok, The Paper Studio; Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket, Echo Park, My Minds Eye, Pebbles, Sassafras; Stickers: American Crafts, KI Memories; Flowes: Recollections; Stamp: Hero Arts; Tape: American Crafts; Twine: Doodlebug; Ink: Ranger, Tsukineko; Punches: Fiskars, Martha Stewart; Gems: Hampton Arts, Queen&Co; Pen: Sharpie; Tag: Office Depot; Other: Chipboard Hearts
 
So, here's the scoop:  The first one I made after just a hint of the subject matter and, even though still in my same old habit of embellishment placement, it really has a lot of stuff in each of those clusters - much more than I usually apply to a layout.  So while still definitely mine, it's just a little much... and that's okay because it's basically for GiGi's 'personal' album (you know the one I'm talking about - the one that has all those layouts I've been making for challenges or class or just for fun!).
 
The second layout was done as a result of reviewing all of the class material.  And while still definitely my page and even though it doesn't look much different than many of my other layouts, I worked inordinately hard maybe overthinking the process.  Or maybe it just seemed like it as I would walk away, then come back and totally rework the embellishment clusters... doing that over and over.  It's not uncommon for me to just walk away from a layout for a fresh perspective before returning and finishing it.  And, as discussed in a previous blog post, I almost always pin my layouts up for a while and admire them, sometimes finding things I need to change (like upside down paper!).  Also discussed in a more previous post, it is not uncommon for me to dislike one of my layouts so much that, even if I put it straight into an album, it haunts me until I take it out and rework the entire thing.  So maybe I wasn't really processing the layout any differently than always (as some just take me longer due to interruptions, being tired, etc.) and it just felt like I was overthinking due to the Prompt.  But needless to say, this definitely wasn't a four layout day... or weekend. 
 
Of course, scrapbooking is always dependent on my MS as anyone with a chronic illness can relate.  How tired or how much pain I'm in dictates how long it takes to get anything done, or even if anything does get done at all.  And then there's the sneakiness of MS - that little symptom that you don't even know is present until you really think about what's going on - that issue of stupidity (Call me... forgot how to dial the phone.  Sign your name... pull out my license so I can remember how.  Glue paper to paper... what?).  So whether I get four layouts done a day or one layout in three days (thank God for the weekend), it's just good to be able to sit up and remember to glue paper A to paper B and add C - sometimes just that process of ABC feels like overthinking. 
 
Was gonna say bye now, but wanted to add a movie review.  Took my daughter, GiGi, JC & friend to show today where we proceeded to divide up to all see something different.  Daughter saw 'Chasing Mavericks' - loved it! (how can you go wrong with Gerard Butler?!!).  GiGi, JC & friend saw 'Fun Size' - GiGi rated it okay, boys really liked it. 
I saw Cloud Atlas.  Okay, that is one strange movie.  It's actually six stories about six different points in time (past, present, future) in one movie with no precise connection (other than the fact that there are mainly 8+ people playing parts throughout each story) and all intermingled to the point that there is no way to know what or when the next scene in the movie will be about.  I mean, you sort of get the connection of the stories throughout the movie, but it's definitely not hitting you over the head - it's a very subtle theme/message which I am not going to spoil for you.   Each story has a definitive ending but the movie has no overall ending. So you sit there through the credits thinking about it just a little longer wrapping up the package in your head.  You will either really like it or really not.  I really liked it (and not just because, I am a serious Tom Hanks fan) and the more I think about it, the more I like it.  But my momma would have absolutely hated it - I am definitely going to recommend she not see it so I don't have to hear about how stupid she thinks it is!
 
Okay, that's all for tonight.  I hope everyone had an excellent weekend.  I hope either you created something wonderful during the past couple of days because you were off work, or you're definitely going to create something awesome in the next couple because you worked all weekend.
 
Cheerio!
 
"It is better to have enough ideas for some of them to be wrong, than to be always right by having no ideas at all." - Edward de Bono
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love both your layouts--as always. You do such a wonderful job with your papers and embellishments!!

    And I'm glad you mentioned "Cloud Atlas" and liked it. The trailers for it confused me, so I'm glad it's actually a good movie because I love Tom Hanks too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete