Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Evolution...

The evolution of my style is so obvious... here are examples of my pages from the beginning until now:
 
 
1999 (GiGi's BabyBook) - My first scrapbook ever!  Poor GiGi, there's only about 3 pages in this book that have any journaling at all.  I suppose I need to go back and fill in the pages as it's more like a photo album than a scrapbook.  Those letter stamps with the dots on the corners, punched Pooh bears (her 'theme'), that patterned paper, deco scissors and those corner punches that were like using a vice, everything matted, and that spiral bound book with no page protectors (what was I thinking?).  But it's still a pretty little book even though, like most albums, it's not complete!  Time to work on that again.
 
 
2004-2005 (GiGis Big Changes) - orderly even with lots of torn paper (which I hate to admit I still like), eyelets, mulberry paper & vellum, ribbon, computer generated journaling (a little more by now), checking out ways to use glitter, lots of quotes, lots of cardstock and new K&Co coordinating paper.  Still like this one too even though a few of the pages make me cringe.
 
 
2009 - Patterned Paper by now but lots of it is DCWV.  Journaling has virtually disappeared again.  Love me some stickers and ribbon, and the flowers, butterflies and birds have made an appearance,  still lots of cardstock, orderly, pages are pretty simple with the exception being that Spring page that I just had a great time on, practically NO journaling (maybe 2 pages, maybe).
 
 
2011-2012 - What a difference a year makes... or a Shimelle makes.  2011 I still looked like a novice, feeling my way around....pages with experiments in layering on a few pages (definitely experimental), lots of patterned paper still (and I mean LOTS) but usually staying within one collection, lots more flowers; found my Thicker heaven; still minimal journaling but a little bit more and all in my own writing. 
2012 brought me to Shimelle and by September when that 2nd layout was made, I had found my way.  There is lots of teal in my pages because it's finally available in abundance;  more journaling - almost every single layout has journaling and I love my Sharpie; layers and layers and clusters and clusters - lots of patterned paper and my flowers and butterflies have found their groove; lots of letter stickers and Thickers; kraft cardstock is my best friend... I'm having the time of my life.
 

 
Are you as creative as when you started?  Do you miss doing something just because it's not trendy anymore?  Go do it again and get your mojo flowing.
 
Cheerio!
 
"In order to have a real relationship with our creativity, we must take the time and care to cultivate it.' - Julia Cameron
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. How fun is this! Thanks for sharing! (the older ones are still cute)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! It is so much fun... and so interesting. I knew that my style had 'changed' and I was having such a good time scrapbooking this year, but hadn't really thought about how drastically I had changed it up. But then, maybe I'll rip up some paper on my next layout! Have a great day.

      Delete