Saturday, September 21, 2013

Its So Crazy...

We all know what stress does to a person:  lack of focus, exhaustion, depression, and exacerbation of diseases.  I usually deal with my stress in my scrappy place... scraperapy.  But lately that just doesn't seem to be working.  I am wanting to scrap, but that's so much easier said than done.

Actually, I have been scrapping... crappy scrapping.  Well, not too crappy, but definitely not my best effort.  I mean I really really want to scrap, but I just can't seem to get in the zone.  I start a layout and it takes forever to get it done.  I can figure out the papers for the most part - well, same ole same ole designs.  But, even with all this stuff... stickers, wood, enamel dots, flair, brads, paper clips, tape, stamps, chipboard, and all manner of other stuff... I just can't seem to get my embellishing going on.  It seems that every layout is kinda stuck in the 'tape, flair/wood, sequins/dots' scenario with little variation.  Nothing looks original.  My creativity is just zapped.

But I struggle on because of the pure need.  I've even stepped clearly out of my comfort zone (to come tomorrow when I can take photos) trying a variety of techniques just to try getting my mojo back, to no avail.  Each time I sit down to scrap its like the joy has been drained.  It's actually become hard and confusing. But I continue to cut and glue. Did I mention how very much I want to scrap?  How about that I still think about it all the time?

And then the worse part!!!  Because I haven't even really dented last months purchase, I won't be buying any new papers this month.  Because I can't figure out how to embellish, I really don't want to invest money into stuff that will just sit here... and I have enough of the stuff I do use regularly.  So even shopping is not my happy place right now.  BoooHooo.

Anyway, here are a few more layouts that I did during August as my current layouts must wait until the sun comes out:

(Echo Park, Washi and bling - WooHoo!) 



(These two layouts are essentially a double-pager, but in the loosest sense of the concept)


(This one was created for GiGi's album - it is last year's school pic)

(Okay, admittedly this photo is just crooked)

So that's all for tonight.  I will have photos of more recent layouts next time.  I hope everyone is well and carrying on scrappily.

Stay Safe and Scrap On!

“To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.” - Osho

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you make me so sad! Sad because I totally understand the lack of mojo thing. And sad because there's nothing that can fix that awful feeling. I wish I could help. :-(

    But these pages do look beautiful! Maybe you should scraplift yourself! I've always been jealous of your embellishments--especially the little clusters. Just like Shimelle. Seriously. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand and I got my mojo back finally...I have a layout that I did that I will post on my blog that I love. It is a scraplift from Pinterest and it was so fun to do, not my normal. Sometimes it pays to look at Pinterest for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete