Saturday, May 4, 2013

Go!!!!!!!!

Finally!!!  First, let me just start by saying that I've been up since 7:00 am - that's U.S. Central Time (8:00 USEastern, about 2:00pm UK).  I had a horrid night: don't know why I couldn't sleep but last check on the clock was 2:00 am (maybe because today is Christmas - well, ykwim).  Then when I finally awoke, I just couldn't get around; but before I'd finished my 2d cup of coffee (and it takes at least 2 ginourmous cups), mom called and I just finished with her.  If only I had gotten Cynthia's message last night, I would be a step up!!! Didn't even think about Shimelle starting at midnight her time!

But during that first cup, I did run through all of those challenges thus far! And, boy, I was stressing because I was behind then!  So, I decided that I would cheat - just a little - with this little kit that I had put together the other day.  I altered it to fit the challenges; and actually it covers several yet I'll just use it for the spray ink one right now as that's the basic change.  Funniest thing about this is that I had put the sketch in to do this layout when I got my supplies together.  Then last night I saw this week's Glitter Girl and my mouth dropped open... that's my sketch!!! Don't get me wrong, it is definitely a Shimelle-based layout as I  have seen this by her before... but that it was this week's GG - well, that's just paranormal!

So here is my first layout for ISD... using Spray Inks:

Spray Inks & Letter Stickers: October Afternoon; Patterned Paper, Diecuts, Stickers: American Crafts; Wood: Freckled Fawn, Studio Calico; Tape: Bella Blvd; Pen: Sharpie; Pearls: Doodlebug; Brad: Hampton Art; Other: Cardstock & Flair

As you can see, this really covers Spray Ink, my Inner Pink, fave paper-line, and more.  But as I had the idea for a spray ink background as soon as I put all those lovely colors together and realized how well they would go with my Lucky Charm, that's what I'm settling on.  (Told you you'd see these photos again - this ones for GiGi's album).

Get crafty, more later, onward & upward!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE. By the way, you have the most beautiful handwriting and I'm so glad you use it on your pages!! Oh, and totally funny that Shimelle scraplifted you! Love that too!! OK, back to scrappin'!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet - my handwriting is atrocious! And yes, it was totally funny that Shimelle scraplifted me scraplifting her! Life is good today.

      Delete