Thursday, May 9, 2013

18 out of 24....

Five more finished!  Thought I would quickly post these that were done yesterday (well, and one this morning). I had a little something in mind to post today, but it has completely slipped my mind - I'm sure it will probably come to me later and I'll make note.  Before we go any further, I would like to say that I have found out a little something about my personal scrapping style:  the more papers I use, the less embellishments usually.  It seems that I feel that when I use lots of papers - or really busy papers - that when it comes to embellishing, the more I start putting down, the more insane it starts to look.  So there you go - learned something new about me (or did I already know this!?!) through this process.  Anyway, right now I'll just jump into these layouts:

The first one was for Scrap w/ Something Seldom Used: Stamps (just remember that these are primarily for my personal albums and therefore they are what they are - this is the one I finished this morning and I'm a little preoccupied):

Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye (background), American Crafts (DL Lucky Charm); Vellum Frames: Studio Calico; Stamps: American Crafts & My Minds Eye; Rosette & Diecut: American Crafts; Tape: Bella Blvd; Spray & Letter Stickers: October Afternoon; Enamel Dots: My Minds Eye; Twine: Doodlebug; Stickers: Crate Paper; Wood: American Crafts & Freckled Fawn; Ink: Tsukinedo; Pen: Sharpie.
  
 
 The next one is Scrap Small Photos (this one is for GiGis album for her to do the journaling when she wants):

Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye (background), American Crafts, Crate Paper; Mistables & Wood: Studio Calico; Spray Ink: October Afternoon; Enamel Dots: My Minds Eye; Thickers: American Crafts

The next one is for Scrap with Fabric (the only piece of fabric I actually have available!):
Cardstock: Coredinations; Patterned Paper, Flower & Banner: American Crafts; File, Bag, & Journaling Spots: Websters Pages; Frame: Crate Paper; Wood: Freckled Fawn;  Pearls: Doodlebug
 
 
Layout for Journal in a Letter Format: 

Cardstock: The Paper Studio; Patterned Paper: American Crafts, Crate Paper; Wood: Freckled Fawn, Studio Calico; Pearls: Doodlebug


Scrap with Square Photos: 

Patterned Papers, Diecuts, Flair, Fabric Sticker, Thickers; American Crafts; Letter Stickers & Spray Ink: October Afternoon; Tape:  Bella Blvd, Freckled Fawn, Tape Worx; Enamel Dots: My Minds Eye
 
 
Okay that's it for the scrapping.  Just want to say I'm not sure how much more I'll get done in the next few day.  We have had a tragedy - GiGi's best friend (in last layout & so many more) lost her little brother last night to kidney failure - he was 7 years old.  We have been close to the family since her mom and my daughter were in high school and of course, we are all very saddened... but poor GiGi is absolutely a wreck - please pray for her to find strength and peace as this is so much for such a young girl especially on top of everything else we are going through.  Thank you.

I hope everyone else is scrapping on.  Have fun - I hope to get back around within the next couple of days.

Cheerio!

"Friendship doubles your joy and divides your sorrow." - Unknown

4 comments:

  1. Looooove these pages! Once again, your layering just blows me away! You should totally teach a class on that!! =D Your embellishments are always spot on--love the little cameras!

    I had to think about what you said about papers and embellishments for a bit. I think I'm the exact opposite. When I have plain-er papers, I tend to embellish less. I love the white space. =D But when the layers and busier background papers are used, I tend to keep on adding. Isn't it cool that we can all have our own unique style??!!

    And I'm so sorry to hear about Gigi's friend's little brother. At 7 years old...just heartbreaking. I'll be praying for his family and yours as well. Hugs all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So then I stopped and thought about what you said about white space... and went back and really looked at some of my layouts over the past few months. It turns out that my epiphany was just bullshit! Obviously, my embellishments are purely mood oriented. I noticed that these pages of the past month or so have fewer embellishments... I just can't get my head wrapped around the embellishments for some reason. No matter how much I try 'this & that' or how hard I work on them, they just end up small (but with a definite theme that I knew they would take on from the start - does that make sense?). So my new epiphany is that sometimes I concentrate more on paper & design, sometimes more on embellishments and sometimes - just every once in a full moon - I create these layouts that share an equal amount of paper & embellishments - whether elaborate or plainish. But one thing is for sure - it doesn't go into the album unless I am happy with the layout, flaws and all.

      Delete
  2. thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful pages! I have just spent time looking at all your Shimelle challenge layouts and they are wonderful. I am going to be a regular visitor to your fabulous blog.

    Sorry to hear about the loss of one so young thinking of your friends and family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages are fantastic. Great job with Shimelle's sketches.

    ReplyDelete