Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Little More Something Something...

OMG!!! I want to get all scrappy!!!  Don't you hate when you have that 'I wish I could scrap' feeling taking over your being?! I don't mean the 'I wish I'd feel like scrapping' - like when I'm laid up in bed all puny.  Nor that 'I wish I wanted to scrap' - like when you've lost your mojo.  No, I mean the OMG I WANT TO SCRAP!!! but I can't because our house looks like a tornado has hit it and I can't even find my scrappy space.
It has finally happened...I have started the process of turning my dad's office into my room and moving out of GiGi's room.  It has just become so unfair that she cannot even have guest over - not in this town.  Here, where it blows my mind the homes her friends have (and I'll admit it's not just size, but the fact that they're always spotless...but then they don't live with my mom!).  Many of her friends have rooms the size of our Master.  It's not the size though... it's the fact that at 15, she spends hours and hours in either the bathroom or her walk-in closet (off mom's bathroom) in order to find an ounce of privacy.  That doesn't seem fair to me in any way, shape or form.  Fifteen is a serious time in a girls life - a serious time requiring some measure of privacy.  And also, 53 is a serious time in a Nonna's life...a time when guilt-free privacy is definitely desired.  But then, at 84 it's really not too much to ask for a man to have an office in one's own home; and, that's why this move has been postponed so long... it's been the hardest project we've ever undertaken on an emotional level.
However, I should say that's it's a long hard process physically as well.  This is not a very big house, made all the smaller with all the people (and animals!) packed into it.  When you're changing rooms up like we are, everything has to go somewhere in the meantime - so there are boxes and boxes and boxes in the living room, boxes and boxes in the office and boxes and crap all over the bedroom.  And, unfortunately, with the MS, only so much physical stuff gets done per day - and some days none at all - as it's only me doing anything... which kinda pisses me off since I have to work with other peoples stuff before mine ever even gets touched.  Anyway, it is what it is and I'm doing the best I can; but certainly not fast enough for GiGi and especially not for me.  I NEED TO GET SCRAPPY!  Besides, I got a notice that my Shimelle 6x6 pad is on it's way and I'm just waiting for the other items to hit the store so that I can get the notice saying they're on their way as well.  Also, I did place one last order with 2Ps for some of the exclusives - that was on 7/3 and now I have no way of knowing if and when I will ever get my stuff...it was sizable so this may end up in a roadtrip to Wisconsin and some jail time if I don't hear something soon!  But at any rate, I'd really like to have my space put together before my stuff comes in so that I may put it away properly.  Okay, so that's what I'm doing right now and I'll update you when I have something to update.
In the meantime, I have submitted some layouts to the Challenges at ACOT and thought I'd post those here real quick.

Of course I did three (yes, 3) Independence Day layouts for the various albums - and of course they all used the same supplies; but what's the odds that someone will look through those 3 albums at the same time?  And really, so happy about all those albums right now...now that all my extra Indp Day supplies won't be used up on school projects.  So honestly, I used practically every single themed item I purchased this year - I don't think I've ever done that before!  All are made using mostly Pebbles with just a little Simple Stories thrown in (as well as that Studio Calico wood)





And then our Father's Day layout was red/white/blue as well since my dad's a disabled vet, retired Army Col and retired government worker.  This was Pebbles and Crate Paper plus some ooollllddd stuff by Making Memories (and those super-cute Crate Paper Thickers).



And then various layouts using Bella Blvd:



Some Dear Lizzy for GiGi's modeling audition (she did fab and now has an agent!) and her grandmas (that's my mom on bottom!):



American Crafts, BoBunny, Simple Stories:

Echo Park & Bella Blvd :

and My Minds Eye with Pink Paislee chipboard showing how all the guys in the house are outnumbered (4 girls vs 2 guys people-wise plus 4 females vs 2 males inside pet-wise):

So that's what I've been doing - that's what I am doing.  I see Furry-Pig is on holiday (via Instagram) and hope she is having a blast.  Hopefully sometime this week I can get on the computer for more than 5 minutes.  If you haven't checked out A Cherry On Top, do it... the new Shimelle is expected at any minute but I'm not sure if they're still taking pre-orders (and don't forget to tell them I sent you).  Also, new Challenges & games will be starting by the end of the week (I've won a couple already - it's totally random!).  Plus, they have great discounts and the turn-around hasn't been beaten by anyone else yet!  Okay, just trying to help you get your crafty on!  Oh, and a big WooHoo! goes out to whoever at 2Ps decided they'd let us keep our old Glitter Girl videos, they are still on YouTube!!!  Really, now I must go through some files now...yck!

Stay Safe and Scrap On!!!

P.S.  If you haven't seen the Book Thief, see it!

“In order to be open to creativity, one must have the capacity for constructive use of solitude. One must overcome the fear of being alone.”  - Rollo May

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh, goodness but you've been busy!!! I'm sorry you're doing all the moving yourself. If I lived in Fla I would totally be there to help you! Of course, it would take twice as long because I would have to check out all your scrap albums, right?? ;-) Love LOVE these pages!! I get such inspiration dropping by! Love those banner letters too--so cute! And I totally love Simple Stories. Their colors are really gorgeous. And I am for sure stealing the way you used the washi tape on that last page. Too cool.

    ReplyDelete