Thursday, July 4, 2013

Retraction.... and More.

So it always seems to be that if you start bitching about something, it will spit in your eye.  Thus, I received my shipment from BlueMoon Scrapbooking on Tuesday, July 3rd at about 3:00.  Soooo Excited!!! All that Simple Stories I heart Summer!!!  That puts BlueMoon back in my top three... well okay, so there was only a top 2 a few days ago but I have to say that BlueMoon seem like really nice people - I love those videos they do on the products!  And 7 days beats 10 by a mile, even 2Peas has taken a week once or twice.  And often BlueMoon has product that's sold out everywhere else.  So, with two orders on the books, I'm diggin' em.

I have finished a few layouts - I'm really into quantity right now! I missed scrapping so much that I just want to do and do!  I've saving my product list to the end as I'm basically running in kit mode with a little help from all of my stash! I love it!  I'll forewarn you, the weather here is atrocious so I tried to grab these photos between downpours and wind gusts... hope you don't mind too badly as the main point is just that I've been doing stuff!

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

PRODUCT LIST:

  • Cardstock:  Colorbok; Coredinations; Die Cuts With a View; The Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby
  • Patterned Paper:  Fancy Pants Design - What a Wonderful Day; My Minds Eye - The Sky's the Limit; Simple Stories - I heart Summer & Oh Snap!
  • Letter Stickers:   American Crafts; Echo Park; Fancy Pants; October Afternoon; Simple Stories
  • Die Cuts/Journaling Blocks:  American Crafts; Echo Park; October Afternoon; Simple Stories; Studio Calico Mistables
  • Stickers:  American Crafts; Crate Paper; Echo Park; Fancy Pants; October Afternoon; Simple Stories
  • Flair:  A Flair for Buttons; American Crafts; Basic Grey; Recollections/Michaels; Simple Stories
  • Wood:  Freckled Fawn; Recollections/Michaels; Studio Calico
  • Tape:  Bella Blvd; Love My Tapes; Recollections/Michaels
  • Mists:  Heidi Swapp; October Afternoon
  • Stamps:  American Crafts; My Minds Eye
  • Ink:  Colorbox; Ranger; Tsukineko
  • Enamel Dots:  My Minds Eye; Teresa Collins
  • Brads:  Simple Stories
  • Transparencies:  Simple Stories
  • Sequins:  Michaels
  • Pens:  Sharpie
Since I have about 30+ lbs of colored cardstock, I decided that it would be included on each of my vacation layouts... and I've been doing pretty well except for the King Tut's Tomb.  "Tomb" was my first layout with my new Simple Stories and I just totally forgot the cardstock!  Oh well!!!  And of course there's a camera on each layout... obviously it's a great place to use all that camera medium (wood, mistables, stickers, diecuts, stamps, tape, brads, flair, etc.) and so happy to have a chance to use some balloons (yes, I have a small hot-air balloon stamp collection, can't help myself!).  The only thing I'm seriously worried about is my wood supply - I'm quick running out of arrows, word bubbles, etc. and was really hoping to have some of those 'potty people' to add to layout of the kids.  But I just can't wait for SSS to decide they want to actually do their job (okay, can't talk about that anymore - frustration turning into genuine fury!). 

I hope everyone has had a great Independence Day!  We used to always celebrate birthdays at this time of year (my bro yesterday, my uncle today) but that doesn't happen anymore.  The kids have become old enough to have social lives just at the time that mine no longer exists - hate that!  With mom and dad still in Tampa, it's just another rainy day to get on with some scrapping here - and that's not so very bad!  But it does make it rather difficult to scrap the day later.

Anyway, long may she waive!  Stay safe and scrap on!

And that's all she wrote!

"Enthusiasm is excitement with inspiration, motivation, and a pinch of creativity."- Bo Bennett

2 comments:

  1. I'm still chuckling over Archivers being a "scrap sexfest" and now you've added "potty people" to the mix!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

    I love....the layers, the colors, the layouts and OF COURSE, the wood veneer and the flair! LOVE. I'm stealing the layout on the King Tut page--love how you combined multiple photos like that. Works really well!

    The photos are awesome too. Love LOVE the scaredy cat one!! ;-)

    The trip notes page is really cool. I wouldn't have thought to make one like that, but I'm totally stealing THAT idea too!! =D

    Scrap on!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You rock!!... stealing from me! Hurrah!

      Good news - got email today saying my wood is shipped - I'll probably get it Saturday just to make me super mad because it should have been here a week ago!

      Anyway, I was horrified when I saw that Scaredy Cat pic - but it was so scrapable that I had to go for it! I am terrified of heights and literally held on like that for the entire 30 minutes.

      And I have to say that it REALLY makes me sad that I can't go to Archivers - I haven't had a man in a long time and I'm sure that it would definitely be even better!!!

      Delete