Thursday, October 18, 2012

10 Things...

I think I made it!!! Yay!!!!! Actually blogging 10 things on the 10th of the month!!!!

This month I have decided that I will do the 10 things that I am most thankful for today, so here goes:
  • God... for giving me this awesome universe and a mind that seeks knowledge and appreciates beauty.
  • GiGi... for bringing unconditional acceptance and profound grace to my life.
  • JC... for showing me that snips and snails and puppydog tails are actually things to enjoy.
  • my bro... for making me so very proud and letting  me know that I didn't do such a bad job for a kid.
  • my daughter... for teaching me so many lessons.
  • my dad... for always encouraging me to try my best and supporting me whenever I'm down & out.
  • my extended family... for giving me some of the best memories a girl could have and wonderful stories to pass on to my grandkids.
  • my blog friends... for making me feel appreciated and cared for.
  • my attorney... for understanding and articulating how my body & mind refuse to function reliably and giving me my life back - well, half of it anyway.
  • and last but certainly most - My Mom... for loving me so very much each and every day of my life; knowing me and loving me anyway; making me laugh when I don't want to; trusting me above all others; taking care of every single person in this family; worrying even when we tell you not to; trying so hard to be the best Christian you can; and having the patience of Job... you are certainly my hero.
Now I need to go scrap these things today - July 10, 2012.  And you should scrap your list too.  I seriously regret that I have been so late in making this list this year.  But I love the idea so much that I plan to just keep on going every year so that I can look back on those days and remember, as well as pass them on to my grandkids as insight into my mind.  Even on months when its the 10 reasons jellyfish suck! 

Ok... you know what to do - make it wonderful!

Cheerio.

"Creativity can be described as letting go of certainties." - Gail Sheehy


No comments:

Post a Comment