This month I have decided that I will do the 10 things that I am most thankful for today, so here goes:
- God... for giving me this awesome universe and a mind that seeks knowledge and appreciates beauty.
- GiGi... for bringing unconditional acceptance and profound grace to my life.
- JC... for showing me that snips and snails and puppydog tails are actually things to enjoy.
- my bro... for making me so very proud and letting me know that I didn't do such a bad job for a kid.
- my daughter... for teaching me so many lessons.
- my dad... for always encouraging me to try my best and supporting me whenever I'm down & out.
- my extended family... for giving me some of the best memories a girl could have and wonderful stories to pass on to my grandkids.
- my blog friends... for making me feel appreciated and cared for.
- my attorney... for understanding and articulating how my body & mind refuse to function reliably and giving me my life back - well, half of it anyway.
- and last but certainly most - My Mom... for loving me so very much each and every day of my life; knowing me and loving me anyway; making me laugh when I don't want to; trusting me above all others; taking care of every single person in this family; worrying even when we tell you not to; trying so hard to be the best Christian you can; and having the patience of Job... you are certainly my hero.
Ok... you know what to do - make it wonderful!
"Creativity can be described as letting go of certainties." - Gail Sheehy