Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I Hate Whiners...

Truly I do. I have been called a serious bitch just because the whining gets on my last nerve and I don't mind just walking away in the middle of it. And yet, as I look back over the past few posts, it could definitely look like a shitload of whining.  Not my intention at all.  Honestly, I find it amazing that all these things could happen in one family.  Thank God it's not every family.  And yes I do need an outlet sometimes.  But it really is about the fact that our lives are sooooo full of drama it blows my mind.  My intention has never been to have people feel sorry for me or my family but to share the experience so that others may see that they're not alone in their own difficult situations as well as share the humor in everything going wrong at once.  Because that's how I see it - how ridiculous that just when you don't think it can get any worse it does... and it does... and it does.  It just goes to show ya!!! 
I know, I know, that's not all the whining I've been doing.  I've been whining about poor pitiful me and my current scrappy situation.  Well, I actually find that funny too.   I do feel sorry for myself at times as I was so used to just getting whatever I wanted (I never wanted anything outrageously expensive!) and now I'm scraping bottom of the scrap heap (get it - bwahaha). But it's the fact that I'm so obsessed during these trying times that is so hilarious to me. As a matter of fact, my mom said yesterday (when she literally couldn't get out of bed all day and I was putting my dad in bed from his wheelchair) that she could never do anything to let me know how much I'm appreciated.  My response?  No worries, I have an entire list of scrap supplies in my head.  Thank goodness my mom knows my sense of humor as we laughed through our pain.  See, it's just a joke... sort of. 
So apologies to everyone if you thought I was whining and searching for sympathy... that is just not who I am. 
On to bigger and better things... don't you love to make cards?!  I do for the simple fact that it's instant gratification - and I love instant gratification.  (And it's a great way to use up scraps!  Little do those non-scrappy people know when they receive these handmade cards that I was just using up the crap left on my desk, bwahahaha!!!!).  Unfortunately, I am the worlds worst at actually mailing a card; but, I do have a friend in Alabama that I exchange cards with.  When I started making cards, I put so much more thought in them than I do now and Alabama didn't do anything crafty so my cards were the bomb!  Now, she papercrafts every day so she makes my cards look like the work of a 5th grader.  But she says I was her inspiration - and that makes me feel like a million bucks!  Oh well, back to talking about me making cards.  I also like trying out techniques on cards - often I'll use new punches or dies on my cards before actually using them on a layout just so I can get the hang of them and how they actually look with different papers, etc.  So, today I am going to share a few pix of the cards I have in my stash that may or may not ever be seen otherwise.


Easter Greetings
Birthday Greetings


Thank You
Get Well, Thinking of You, Anniversary
Misc Greetings
Miss You
Miss You

So that's what's in my box now.  Some have been made with stamps; others with just printing from my computer (especially the Miss You cards in bottom photo).  I've been thinking of seeing if 'Operation Write Home' is still in business and donating some cards, but I don't think I've got enough yet.  But I probably never will have enough as we do use them occasionally (get it - all-occasion cards used occasionally, bwahaha).  I know they aren't beautiful, but they were fun to make.  If you want to see some really lovely cards, check out Cynthia's at The Wandering Buckeye and Aeryn's at Creative Explosion - they are both so talented (my bird Thank You cards are Martha Stewart stamps done with colored pencils inspired by Aeryn's copic work; and, while not the works of art Aeryn creates, I like them so am very appreciative). 

Okay, you're turn - create something!  Go on - just do something small like a card.  It doesn't have to be perfect, the sentiment is what matters... well really what matters is that you made it yourself.

Cheerio.

"Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better." - Martin Luther King, Jr








3 comments:

  1. Awwww...you gave me a shout out??!!! Thank you SO much!! YOU ROCK! =D Love love love the cards!! Those little birds are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love cynthia's blog! and your stash of cards are awesome, full of inspiration, nonna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it's been so long... I honestly haven't been near my computer until tonite! Thanks so much for the thumbs-up, Lynn! Yep - Cynthia is awesome... Wish I could keep up with her!

      Delete