Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A few things...

that I've scrapped lately.  I must say that I love paper!  I love that sometimes, when your mojo just hasn't kicked in, you can rely on paper to do some of the work for you - even those paper that don't have a little theme in the corner or anything can really just make the layout.  For instance, this paper by Glitz:

While I added a few items around the photo, the paper is the major embellishment - and helps tell the story of this fun night.


The great energy of this Bella Blvd paper layered on the Glitz paper is another example of paper reinforcing the energy and excitement of that day,


I'm not positive where this paper is from - Dear Lizzy or Amy Tangerine - but I have to say that I love papers that with specific designs in the corner.  While some people like to use the papers and coverup or cut away the embellished areas, my thought is to work with these papers.  I mean, sometimes we buy whole collections because we love these special papers, so why fight it once we get our hands on them.



Yes, I bought that MME kit for Christmas - but then I turned around and used last years MME!!! That glittery chevron is from the new collection, but I still love last years better.




This is a 2-page layout... not to be confused with a 'double-page' layout.  I have definitely taken a few hints from www.shimelle.com on how to handle this worrisome issue of needing two-pages to tell the story.  I'll even have more to show when I can get the photos right.  But I've practically given up on 'double-page' layouts... I'm not good at it so whats the point?

Okay, that's all for today.  I'm rather in down-and-out, so am doing what I can, when I can.  I hope everyone out there is feeling well and scrappy.

Stay Safe and Scrap On!

P.S.  Sorry if you find wierd stuff in this post, Blogger is acting really weird and not letting me highlight anything or go into a paragraph.  Also, sorry about the really fuzzy photo - I promise I'll try better in the future but didn't know this was so bad until I had finished this post.  And... you will notice my scrap table in the background of some of these photos... I'm just going to have to be happy doing the best I can right now - again, I will try harder in future to get crisp, square photos of layouts.  Thanks for your patience during this time.

"life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one" - Stella Adler

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea of using two pages to tell a story while not doing an actual two-page spread. I'm not good at those either! ;-)

    And I love the page with the quote on the bottom. I'm always kind of confused how to use that as a design element. Your page is perfect. It allows the photo to shine while still making a statement with the....er...statement! =D

    Your pages, as always, are awesome!! Totally LOVE the layered goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to see you scrapping again and I would happily go to the Harry Potter Studios with you should you ever come to the UK! xxx

    ReplyDelete