Thursday, April 18, 2013

Dear Life...

Just to let you know I'm not ignoring it all, my dad has had another stroke - this one in his brain-stem.  He is home tonight, able to stand with help some of the time and can communicate - we are very fortunate.  At the same time, we know that we are standing an indefinite vigilance as it is only a matter of time.  While dad was in hospital, mom stayed all but one night and at one point we were forced to take her to the ER due to consistently high 'sugar' readings (over 300) and blood pressure readings (ex. 220/88) for days on end.  Now that she's home, I am only dealing with her bp and feel fortunate that something is going right.  In the meantime, my daughter has created the most stress of all on the entire family and I am dealing with that while ensuring that GiGi and JC are okey-dokey.  The past few (and next couple) of days are getting meds together, forms completed, instructions typed and bills paid because mom and dad are going to Tampa to stay with my brother during the Rehab process.  As much as I want to do it all, I just can't right now.  Between the stress, exhaustion and super-human strength I've required to move my dad from spot-to-spot, my MS has kicked into overdrive and I feel like I am hanging on by a thread both mentally and physically every second of the day.

But this is life, dear life.  The alternative rather sucks.  So I am here, doing the best I can, and missing scrapping and everyone so very much.  I feel like if I could just do one layout and share it here with all, as well as spend a few minutes to see what you guys are up to, I might have more strength of mind and body to get the rest done.  But right now, that seems selfish even to me and I actually know what it's worth

I hope everyone is scrapping away.  Think of me when you smell that next sheet of pretty paper and glue this-to-that.  I'm thinking of you.

Cheerio!

P.S.  Watched Glitter Girl in the cardiologist office today... having forgotten headphones can't imagine what all those folks thought of me watching some woman scrapbook while waiting for the doctor!!! HA! And that's life - grabbing those little glories in the middle of the madness!  Love to all.

3 comments:

  1. Prayers going up for you and your family. Hang tight Tammy, we are out here and will wait for you to be able to join the party. Until then just do what you need to do but take a few minutes for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely praying for all of you as well. I hope you find peace in the midst of your storm today. Major hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying hard for all of you. Please take care of Y-O-U. I'll try to get myself in gear and do a layout this weekend. I'll scraplift you! Take care.

    Forty9rfans
    aka Sandra

    ReplyDelete